351: How to change your site URL directly in the Database for PrestaShop 1.5
Modify the Shop URL in the Database using phpMyAdmin
- Login to your cPanel.
- Scroll down to the database section and click on phpMyAdmin.
- When you have launched phpMyadmin, select the database by scrolling down the left side list. If you're not sure how to find your PrestaShop 1.5 database, go to 341: How to find your database name for PrestaShop 1.5. Once you have found your database, click on it to open.
- When the database is open, scroll down the left side until you see the table labeled "tableinitals_shop_url". Table initials usually default to "ps" but can be changed to something else during the installation process. Click on this table to select and open it. You will see the option to EDIT this table at left (as indicated in the screenshot at right).
- Click on EDIT and then change the URL entries. Make sure to change both the entries with the appropriate URL. If you aren't sure about the SSL or you are not using it, simply use the same one.
- Click on GO at the bottom of the page in order to save your entries.
The change of the shop URL in the database should only be done as necessary because it will affect ALL links within the shop.
If you have FRIENDLY URLs set, then you will need to turn this option off, save the change, then turn it back on in order to set the updated URLs in the database. For more information on setting Friendly URLs, go to How to set up Search Engine Friendly URLs in PrestaShop 1.5
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2014-03-17 8:15 am
As stated within the note at the bottom of this article, you may need to disabled the friendly URLs, then re-enable them to see this option.
2014-03-25 1:55 pm
That needs to be higher on the page; I never get down to the bottom. None of this solves my problem, anyway. It was alread pointing to my domain. Only my first page works; others are blank.
Your answer is insulting.
2014-03-25 2:46 pm
We're sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your PrestaShop installation. If you could please give us more information on your site (such as the URL, version of the software loaded, modules loaded, etc.), then we may be able to provide your more information or research the issue for you in order to resolve it. We do have a close relationship with PrestaShop and would be glad to help you solve your problem. Please provide a little more relevant information and we would be happy to continue troubleshooting the issue.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?