How to Remove a Category In PrestaShop 1.5Written by Scott Mitchell
After learning how to add categories to your store, we will now show you how to remove a category in PrestaShop 1.5. We will follow the process to remove the default categories ot ipods, laptops, and accessories. Removing a category does not remove the product itself, it will still be listed in any other category to which you have assigned it. Removing a category in PrestaShop 1.5 can be done by following the steps below.
To remove a category in PrestaShop 1.5:
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Catalog tab and select Categories from the menu.
- You are now on the Catalog: Categories page. There are two ways to remove a category. If you are removing only one, you can simply click the Delete icon (the one that looks like a trashcan) on the far right of the category row.
If you are removing more than one, you can select the ones you want to remove by selecting the respective checkboxes on the left hand side of the category. Once you have selected the ones you want to remove, click the Delete Selected button at the bottom.
- You will be asked if you want to delete the products in the categories also. There are three choices here. You will want to pick the best answer for your current situation. At times you will not want to remove products and others you will. Click the Validate button once you have made your selection.
- Your updated category list should now appear on the screen.