How to add Categories in PrestaShop 1.5
In order to organize your products, you will need to add categories to your PrestaShop 1.5 storefront. This allows the visitor to more easily browse your products by separating them into groups. Examples of categories may be laptops, mp3 players, paperbacks, mystery novels, etc. The instructions below demonstrate how to add a category to your PrestaShop 1.5 store.
To add a category in PrestaShop 1.5:
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Catalog tab and select Categories from the menu.
- You are now on the Catalog: Categories page. To add a new category, click on the green Add New button in the upper right corner.
- Add all desired information for the category such as assigning the parent directory, adding a description, meta tags, etc. Once finished, click the green Save button in the upper right corner.
- Your new category should now appear in the Categories list. This category will also now display on your storefront with the other existing categories. Now you can start adding products to PrestaShop 1.5. If you have already added products, you can start adding your products to categories in PrestaShop 1.5.
Thank you for your feedback!