How to insert an image in Premium Website Builder
When building your site in the Premium Website Builder, there are many page types you can work with. Some page types will allow you to insert images onto your web pages. Below are step by step instructions on how to insert a chosen image into a page in your Premium Website Builder.
- Log into your Premium Website Builder.
- Once you log in, you will see a screen that has a number of steps. This article assumes you have been through step 3 and added pages to your site. Click on Step 4 to go to the edit step.
- Once you arrive, you will see a sidebar that lists the pages on your site. To select a page to work on, simply click on the page name. For our example, we will be working on the Home page. The screen will refresh to the right and display the editor for your selected page.
- Before you insert an image, you need to place your cursor at the location you wish to insert your image. Next, you will need to work with the icons across the top of the editor. Look for one that appears to be a mountain with a sun rising just to its right. Depending on your screen resolution, the location of the button may differ. In our example, it appears as the first icon on the second row, however it typically appears on the right half of the upper row. Click on this button to bring up the image editor screen.
- The popup screen is entitled Image Properties. To add an image, select the Browse Server button. This will bring up another page that allows you to search through images on your account.
- This is the image selection page. It displays all the images you have uploaded to your builder account. This is a separate server from your actual hosting account. To upload a new image from your computer to your builder account, click on the Browse button at the bottom of the page. This will bring up a popup for you to locate the image on your local computer. It will then display in the field next to the Browse. To upload the image to your builder account, click on the Upload button found in the lower right corner of the screen.
- After uploading, the image will be listed on the screen as a link. Click on the link to add the image to your Image Properties screen. You will see a sample of the image on the right hand side of the screen. From here, you will see a few properties you are able to edit to customize the size and orientation of the image on your page. Once you have set the image to your liking, click on the OK button.
URL The URL of the image. This is filled in when you upload the image. Alternate Text Text explaining the image. This is for use when the browser cannot display the image or a user has a browser and has images turned off. Width The width of the image. Automatically set when uploaded. It can be edited. Height The height of the image. Automatically set when uploaded. It can be edited. Border Width Enter a number for the width of the border in pixels. Leave it blank or set to 0 to have no border. Horizontal Spacing Sets a padding to the left and right of the image for the number of pixels entered. Set to 0 or leave blank to have no padding. Vertical Spacing Sets a padding to the top and bottom of the image for the number of pixels. Set to 0 or leave blank to have no padding. Align Select the alignment of the image in relation to the text. Leave blank for default setting of no alignment.
- Your image will now display on your page in the editor. If you wish to re-edit any of the properties, simply click on the image itself and you will return to the Image Properties page.Once you have completed editing your page, be sure to click on the Save Pages button located in the upper left corner of your screen.
Building a Website
2014-03-17 1:48 pm
I am putting an image on a line by itself. How do I keep that image centered no matter the width of the browser window?
Thanks for your help,