How to delete a topic or reply in phpBB.
As your community begins to form, visitors will sign up and begin to create topics and replies. You or your moderators will now spend time going through the forums and keeping things in order. There will be times when you run across a post or topic that you want to remove from your site. Below is the setof instructions on how to delete a post in phpBB 3.0
Deleting topics and replies in phpBB 3.0
- Log into the website. You do not have to enter the MCP or ACP as of yet.
- You shoud be logged in and at the main page of the forum, this is known as the Board Index. If you are in your MCP or ACP, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a link next to a house icon entitled Board Index. Click that to go to the main forum area. Once you are on the Board Index, click on the Forum you want to enter. In our example, we are going to enter the Your first forum forum.
- This brings you to a page that has the list of topics for the forum. Click on the particular topic you need to enter. Continuing our example, we click on the only topic on the page, New smartphone! How do I use it?.
- You are now at the level where you will see all the reply posts related to the topic. The original topic post is at the top, with the reply posts listed underneath in the order they were made. Note that each post has a set of icons across the top. Find the post (topic or reply) you want to remove and find the Delete button (the one with the X) in the list. Click the Delete button to remove the post.
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion of the post. Click the Yes button to confirm and continue. After clicking, you will be shown a deletion confirmation message. The post will now no longer be displayed on the forum. Below is a before and after screenshot to demonstrate how the site will look.