How to back up your database in phpBB 3.0
When maintaining your site, you will want to ensure you keep backups of your files and database. It is also a good idea to back up your files and databases on a regular basis, whether it be every month, week, etc. While it is simple to create copies of files and folders, obtaining a backup of a database is not so easy. You will need to have it saved in a specific format so it can be restored.
Backing up your database
- Log into your phpBB admin dashboard.
- From there, click on the Maintenance tab.
- From the Maintenance main screen, click on the Backup link in the Database category.
- You are taken to the Backup screen. From here you can select the formatting and tables to back up.
Backup Type Select the type of structure you wish. File Type Select the file format your backup will be in. Action Whether you want to store the file locally (on the webserver) or download to your local computer. Table Select Select the tables you want to be in the backup. You can Select All for the entire table.
- After you configure your settings to your liking, click on the Submit button to back up your database.
News / Announcements
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Need more Help?
Ask the Community!
|Chat:||Click to Chat Now||E-mail:||support@InMotionHosting.com|
|Call:||888-321-HOST (4678)||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|