Managing board settings in phpBB 3.0Written by Scott Mitchell
The board settings found in the General tab of the ACP allow you to edit the way you govern your boards. This includes name, timezone, and even theme style. Follow the tutorial below to find how to get to the area as well as explanations of the different settings found.
Managing board settings in phpBB 3.0
- Log into your phpBB admin dashboard.
- From there, click on the General tab if the screen is not already focused on it.
- From the General tab you will see there several categories on the left hand sidebar. Click on the Attachment Settings link found under the Board Configuration category.
- This brings you to the Board Settings management screen. From here you can see the different settings available to customize your board.
Site Name The name of your board. Site Description A short text description on what your board is about. Disable Board Select Yes to disable the board. You can also add a text message here to display to visitors. Default Language Sets the default language for the board. Date Format Sets the display format for dates on the site. Guest Timezone Sets the default timezone used for bots, guests, and members who are not logged in. Enable Summer Time/DST Select Yes if you wish to use Daylight Savings Time (DST). Default Style Select the default style used by the site from the dropdown. Override User Style Select Yes to override the user's selected style with the board default style. Warning Duration Sets the number of days that a user's warning will stay before it expires.
- After you are finished with your settings, click on the Submit button to confirm and save the new configuration.