Installing osCommerce Manually
In the event you cannot install osCommerce through Softaculous, you can download the files and install them to your server manually. This article will explain how to install osCommerce 2.3.3 on your server manually. Visit the link below to get to the download page.
Once you download the files you should have a zip file called osCommerce-2.3.3.zip. Now that you have the files, follow the steps below to get the osCommerce installed on your server.
Steps to manually install osCommerce
- Login into your cPanel.
- Go to the File Manager. Select the directory for your osCommerce install and click Go.
- Upload the .zip file to your server and Extract the .zip file.
Note! Make sure the files are in the directory and not a subfolder. Is you see the files in a "Catalog" subfolder, move them into the main folder for the domain.
- Create a Database.
- Go back to your cPanel. Create a database user.
Important! Save your database name, username, and password. You will need it on step 8 below.
- Visit the URL for your osCommerce.
- Now you will see the "New Installation" page.
- Enter your database name, username, and password. Leave the Database server localhost.
- Next is the Web Server information. You can change the url or leave as is. Leave the settings as is.
- Fill in your Online Store Settings. Make sure the email address is a valid one and click Continue.
- Congratulations! The installation is finished.
Click the Catalog link.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Getting Started with osCommerce
Installing and setting up osCommerce
|1.||Getting Started Guide OsCommerce|
|2.||How to Install osCommerce via Softaculous|
|3.||Installing osCommerce Manually|
|4.||Manually Installing osCommerce Video|
|5.||OsCommerce - register_globals error|
|6.||How to log into your osCommerce Admin dashboard|
|7.||How to change the osCommerce admin password|
Basic osCommerce configuration
|8.||Configuring your store in OsCommerce|
|9.||Editing your home page in OSCommerce|