How to perform a bulk price change for all products in OSCommerce
When working with e-commerce programs like osCommerce, there are times when you may want or need to increase your prices. This is fine if you are working with a limited number of products, but if you have thousands of products, this can be very time consuming and tedious. By default there is no setting to add a specific dollar or percentage to all products at once. This article will demonstrate how to add a price increase (or decrease) to all products at once in your osCommerce program by using the phpMyAdmin tool within cPanel.
Performing a bulk price change in phpMyAdmin for osCommerce.
- Log into your cPanel dashboard.
- Locate your phpMyadmin tool icon, located in the Databases category.
- Once in the phpMyAdmin dashboard, look to the left hand panel and locate the database for your osCommerce installation. Click on the database name to go to the next screen. In our example, the database is named oscom73.
- This opens up the list of tables in the right hand panel. Click on the SQL tab found across the top of the table list.
- You are now on the SQL Query construction screen. From here you will want to create the query that will add the price increase. Below are a couple of code samples for adding a constant amount or increasing the prices by a percentage.
Sample code to increase all prices by fifteen cents (.15).UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price+0.15
Sample code to increase all prices by ten percent (10%)UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price*1.10
Sample code to decrease all prices by ten percent (10%)UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price*.90
- Once you have entered the query code, click on the Go button in the lower right hand corner. This will send the command to the database to increase the prices. Our example query will increase the prices of our products by 10%.
- After the query runs, you will see a success message at the top telling how many rows it changed. In our small database, it changed the prices for 28 products. Below is a before and after example of some prices using this method.
Thank you for your feedback!
Adding products and content to osCommerce
Adding Products in osCommerce
|1.||How to Add a Product to osCommerce|
|2.||Adding products in OSCommerce Video|
Creating categories in osCommerce
|3.||How to add a new category in osCommerce|
|4.||Adding categories in OSCommerce Video|
|5.||Rearranging products and categories in osCommerce|
|6.||Modifying the sort order of categories and products in osCommerce|
|7.||Deleting categories and products in osCommerce|
|8.||How to add a subcategory in osCommerce|
Product options and attributes in osCommerce
|9.||Adding manufacturers in osCommerce|
|10.||How to Add a Product Attribute in osCommerce|
|11.||How to perform a bulk price change for all products in OSCommerce|
|12.||Adding product attributes in OSCommerce Video|
|13.||Creating specials in osCommerce Video|