How to Secure Your osCommerce Site with the htaccess/htpasswd
Published: Apr 18, 2013
Last Modified: May 16, 2013
In this guide we will show you how to protect your osCommerce powered website with the htaccess/htpasswd means.
- Login to the Admin Panel for osCommerce.
- Click the Administrators link.
- You will see the users listed toward the bottom. Click the Edit button to the right of your administrator.
- Enter a password in the New Password field, check the box for Protect With htaccess/htpasswd, then click the Save button.
- A box will pop up asking for a username and password, enter the ones you just set, and click the OK button.
- Instead of the red warning message, you will now see a green message stating "This osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool installation is additionally secured through htaccess/htpasswd means."
Congratulations, now you know how to protect your osCommerce powered website with the htaccess/htpasswd option.
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Adding security to osCommerce
|1.||How to Secure the configure.php File for osCommerce|
|2.||How to Secure Your osCommerce Site with the htaccess/htpasswd|
|3.||Securing your osCommerce contact form with the Simple Captcha Add-On|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!