How to Secure Your osCommerce Site with the htaccess/htpasswd
In this guide we will show you how to protect your osCommerce powered website with the htaccess/htpasswd means.
- Login to the Admin Panel for osCommerce.
- Click the Administrators link.
- You will see the users listed toward the bottom. Click the Edit button to the right of your administrator.
- Enter a password in the New Password field, check the box for Protect With htaccess/htpasswd, then click the Save button.
- A box will pop up asking for a username and password, enter the ones you just set, and click the OK button.
- Instead of the red warning message, you will now see a green message stating "This osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool installation is additionally secured through htaccess/htpasswd means."
Congratulations, now you know how to protect your osCommerce powered website with the htaccess/htpasswd option.
Continued Education in Course 203: Adding security to osCommerce
You are viewing Section 2: How to Secure Your osCommerce Site with the htaccess/htpasswd
‹Section 1: How to Secure the configure.php File for osCommerce
›Section 3: Securing your osCommerce contact form with the Simple Captcha Add-On
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Adding security to osCommerce
|1.||How to Secure the configure.php File for osCommerce|
|2.||How to Secure Your osCommerce Site with the htaccess/htpasswd|
|3.||Securing your osCommerce contact form with the Simple Captcha Add-On|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!