Adding Options to Products in OpenCart
Now that you have set up your global options in the previous tutorial, you can begin to apply them to specific products. That way, your customers can order specific sizes, colors, and versions of your products. Adding options to a product is done through your OpenCart Dashboard.
- Log into your OpenCart Dashboard
- Go to Catalog > Products
- Select the product you want to add an option to by clicking on “Edit”
- Go to the “Option” tab
- In the box with the green “+” icon, start typing the name of the “option” you created in the previous tutorial and choose the option from the auto suggest
- Click on the green “+” icon
- Depending on the option you will see different fields. Click on “Add Option Value”
- Choose the Option Value, Stock, Price, Weight, etc. that you want to set for that product when a user chooses the specific option. Click “Save” when you have set all the option values
OpenCart allows you to use “Options” globally. If your options are generic like colors or sizes you can use them on multiple products to save time without adding them to the options page in OpenCart. Just edit the next product and start typing the option again and the option will appear.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?