Change OpenCart URL - How To
We will walk you through editing and updating 2 .php files in order to accomplish this.
Changing Your URL:
- Using FTP or File Manager, navigate to the root of your OpenCart installation, and locate a file titled config.php.
- Edit the config.php file, and locate the lines that look like this:
- Change the existing URL (I hilighted the part you need to update in red) to your new domain name, then save the modification.
- Now, locate and edit the config.php file located in the: /admin folder. You will see several lines that look like this:
- Update the existing URL (I hilighted the part you need to update in red) with your new one, then save what you have done.
Your OpenCart URL has now been changed in the config.php files, and your site will function on the new address.
Congratulations, now you know how to change your URL in OpenCart by modifying the config.php files!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2013-11-12 10:56 am
Thanks alot for this tutorial. It really helped me alot. Very graphic and useful
Post a Comment
Customizing the Look and Feel of OpenCart
|1.||Change OpenCart URL - How To|
|2.||Finding a theme for your OpenCart Site|
|3.||Installing an OpenCart Theme|
|4.||Adding your store logo to your OpenCart website|
|5.||Edit OpenCart template|