333: Adding a manufacturer to the banner in OpenCart
OpenCart comes with a pre-built manufacturers banner that displays your products manufacturers. Since these manufacturers may already have built brand awareness with customers, using there recoginzable logos on your website can help customers decide to purchase products from your website. You will need to find the images you want to use for each manufacturer prior to adding them to the banner. The manufacturers banner can be edited in the OpenCart Dashboard.
- Log into your OpenCart Dashboard
- Go to System >> Design >> Banners
- Select the Manufacturers banner and click "Edit"
- If you need to delete the existing banners click "remove" next to each one you want to remove
- Now, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add Banner"
- Type in the manufacturer name in the first box on the left
- Next, type the path to the manufacturer page. If you have not create a page for the manufacturer, when someone clicks on the logo in the banner they will see a "Page not found" message
- Click "Browse Files" to add the logo image for the manufacturer
- Click "Upload" to upload the image from your local computer
- Once the image has been uploaded, find the image in the image manager interface and double click on it
- Click "Save" the the top of the page once you are finished
You've now added a manufacturer to the banner and the logo will display, as in the screenshot below:
‹Section 4: 346: How to add an Admin account in OpenCart via MySQL
›Section 6: 332: Installing the "Powered By" vQmod Extension