324: Removing the Product Count to speed up OpenCart
If you have a shopping cart built with OpenCart and you have a lot of Products, the product counts could be slowing your website down. Removing the product counts can dramatically increase your page load times, since it will not be querying the database for the information. Here’s how to remove the product counts in OpenCart if you have installed vQmod. If you are not familiar with vQmod, please read our guide on it.
- Download the extension from here:
- Using FTP open a connection to your server and navigate to your OpenCart root directory
- Go to vQmod > xml on the window for the server
- Go to your download location on the local computer and open up the folder until you see the XML document.
- Upload the file to the vQmod > xml folder
Now, when you visit your OpenCart website, you’ll see the product counts removed.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-05-02 9:52 am
i want to ask how to set up my sold out product automatic removed from the website??
2014-05-02 10:00 am
There's an extension that you may use to hide out of stock items which may be found at the following:
Hide Out Of Stock plugin