Adding a New Tax Rate in OpenCart
Before you can add a new tax rate in OpenCart make sure you understand how taxes work in OpenCart. Also, you will need to set up a Geo Zone to apply that tax rate to. Once you have done both of these steps you’re now ready to add a new tax rate to your shopping cart.
- Log into OpenCart Dashboard
- Go to System > Localisation > Taxes > Tax Rates
- Click “Insert” to create a new tax rate and fill in the applicable fields
- Tax Name: Give your new tax rate a name
- Tax Rate: This is the amount of tax to apply
- Type: Choose the type of tax to apply (percentage or fixed amount)
- Customer Group: Decide who this tax applies to based on the Customer Group
- Geo Zone: decide what Geo Zone the tax rate applies to
- Click “Save” once you are satisfied with your selections
You have now added a new tax rate to OpenCart. Now you can add the tax rate to a tax class so it will be applied to any product that belongs to that specific tax class.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question in our support center website.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Shipping and Taxes in OpenCart
2015-05-19 6:08 am
I need to apply the tax rate based on total amount. If i purchase the product minimum amount 500 tax rate is 20%, if amount 1000 tax rate is15%,if amount >1000 tax rate is 10%. Please give the reply for this... Thanks in advamce.
2015-05-19 8:42 am
The default OpenCart does not have the feature you are asking for. You may want to search the plugins for one that has that feature.