Adding a New Tax Class in OpenCart
Tax classes are assigned to products to determine what type of tax to apply to the product. Please see our article if you are not familiar with how taxes work in OpenCart. Tax classes are easily set up in the OpenCart dashboard.
- Log into the OpenCart Dashboard
- Go to System > Localisation > Taxes > Tax Classes
- Click “insert” in the upper right corner
- Fill in the fields on the page
- Tax Class Title: Name the tax class
- Description: provide a brief summary of the tax class
- Click “Save”
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question in our support center website.