Create and Add a Text Widget to the Sidebar in Movable Type
In this tutorial we will show you how to create and add a text widget to the sidebar in Movable Type.
In my tests I am adding a widget with contact information to the sidebar.
Creating & Adding Widget:
- Login to the Movable Type Dashboard.
- Click the Design option in the navigation menu, then click the Widgets link.
- Click the Create widget template link.
- The Create Widget menu page will load. Enter a name for the template, and in the field enter the text you want to add to the sidebar. Then click the Save button.
- Click the Widgets link on the left again. Then under Widget Sets, click the layout that you want to add your new sidebar widget to. These these may differ depending on your template. In my tests I am selecting 3-column layout - Secondary Sidebar.
- Drag the widget from the Available Widgets list on the right, to the Installed Widgets list on the left, then click the Save Changes button.
- Click the publish button.
- Make sure All Files is selected and click the Publish button. Your new sidebar widget will now be displayed on your website.
Congratulations, now you know how to create and add a text widget to the sidebar!
Continued Education in Course 104: Working with Widgets in Movable Type
You are viewing Section 2: Create and Add a Text Widget to the Sidebar in Movable Type
‹Section 1: Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type
›Section 3: How to enable/disable user accounts in Movable Type
News / Announcements
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
|1.||Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type|
|2.||Create and Add a Text Widget to the Sidebar in Movable Type|
|3.||How to enable/disable user accounts in Movable Type|
|4.||How to remove widgets from the sidebar in Movable Type|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!
Need more Help?
Ask the Community!
Get help with your questions from our community of like-minded hosting users and InMotion Hosting Staff.
|Chat:||Click to Chat Now||E-mail:||support@InMotionHosting.com|
|Call:||888-321-HOST (4678)||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|