Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type
How to Add an External Link:
- Login to the Movable Type Dashboard.
- Click the Design link, then click Widgets.
- Under the Widget Templates option, click the Create widget template option.
- Give the widget a name, then in the body enter the HTML for the links you want. Below is an example:
- Click the Save Changes button, then click the Widgets link in the menu.
- Under Widget Sets, click the click the layout option you want to add the Widget Template you just created to. In my tests I want the links on the left, so I chose 3-column layout - Primary Sidebar.
- Drag the Widget you just created to the Installed Widgets list on the right. They display in the order listed. Then click the Save Changes button.
You will then see the widget displayed with the external links.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Working with Widgets in Movable Type
|1.||Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type|
|2.||Create and Add a Text Widget to the Sidebar in Movable Type|
|3.||How to enable/disable user accounts in Movable Type|
|4.||How to remove widgets from the sidebar in Movable Type|