Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type
In this tutorial, we will show you how to add a link to an external site in your website's menu in Movable Type.
For example, you may want a link to have a major search engine.
How to Add an External Link:
- Login to the Movable Type Dashboard.
- Click the Design link, then click Widgets.
- Under the Widget Templates option, click the Create widget template option.
- Give the widget a name, then in the body enter the HTML for the links you want. Below is an example:
- Click the Save Changes button, then click the Widgets link in the menu.
- Under Widget Sets, click the click the layout option you want to add the Widget Template you just created to. In my tests I want the links on the left, so I chose 3-column layout - Primary Sidebar.
- Drag the Widget you just created to the Installed Widgets list on the right. They display in the order listed. Then click the Save Changes button.
You will then see the widget displayed with the external links.
Congratulations, now you know how to add a link to an external website to your Movable Type site.
Continued Education in Course 104: Working with Widgets in Movable Type
You are viewing Section 1: Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type
›Section 2: Create and Add a Text Widget to the Sidebar in Movable Type
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Working with Widgets in Movable Type
|1.||Adding an External Link to the Menu in Movable Type|
|2.||Create and Add a Text Widget to the Sidebar in Movable Type|
|3.||How to enable/disable user accounts in Movable Type|
|4.||How to remove widgets from the sidebar in Movable Type|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!