How to Set Your Movable Type Homepage
In this tutorial we will show you how to set your home page for Movable Type. Movable Type creates a Main Index page by default, we will remove this page and set a page you created as the main page.
Setting Your Homepage:
- Create a page in Movable Type you want to be your homepage.
- Click the Pages link in the navigation menu, then click your page on the list.
- In the publishing section on the right, click the Edit button under Filename.
- Replace the filename with "index" (be sure to use all lower case letters). Then click the Update button.
- Click the Design link in the navigation menu. In the Index Templates section, click the check box beside the Main Index option, then click the Delete button.
- Click the Pages link in the navigation menu, then select all pages and click the Publish button.
A message will pop up asking "Are you sure you want to publish this page?" click the OK button. The page you renamed index in Step 4 will now be your homepage.
Congratulations, now you know how to set your homepage in Movable Type!
Getting Started with Movable Type
Setting up Movable Type
|1.||How to Install Movable Type with Softaculous|
|2.||How to log into your Movable Type admin dashboard|
|3.||Resetting Your Password in Movable Type|
|4.||How to Set Your Movable Type Homepage|
|5.||Movable Type permissions changing to 666|
|6.||How to change the default language in Movable Type|
Search and Navigation
|7.||Using the Filtering Interface in the Movable Type Administrator|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!