How to Set Your Movable Type Homepage
In this tutorial we will show you how to set your home page for Movable Type. Movable Type creates a Main Index page by default, we will remove this page and set a page you created as the main page.
Setting Your Homepage:
- Create a page in Movable Type you want to be your homepage.
- Click the Pages link in the navigation menu, then click your page on the list.
- In the publishing section on the right, click the Edit button under Filename.
- Replace the filename with "index" (be sure to use all lower case letters). Then click the Update button.
- Click the Design link in the navigation menu. In the Index Templates section, click the check box beside the Main Index option, then click the Delete button.
- Click the Pages link in the navigation menu, then select all pages and click the Publish button.
A message will pop up asking "Are you sure you want to publish this page?" click the OK button. The page you renamed index in Step 4 will now be your homepage.
Congratulations, now you know how to set your homepage in Movable Type!
Did you find this article helpful?
We value your feedback!
Why was this article not helpful? (Check all that apply)The article is too difficult or too technical to follow.
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
How did you find this article?
Please tell us how we can improve this article:
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Like this Article? Tweet
Post a Comment
News / Announcements
WordPress wp-login.php brute force attack
Updated 2014-07-17 06:43 pm EST
Getting Started with Movable Type
Setting up Movable Type
|1.||How to Install Movable Type with Softaculous|
|2.||How to log into your Movable Type admin dashboard|
|3.||Resetting Your Password in Movable Type|
|4.||How to Set Your Movable Type Homepage|
|5.||Movable Type permissions changing to 666|
|6.||How to change the default language in Movable Type|
Search and Navigation
|7.||Using the Filtering Interface in the Movable Type Administrator|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!