How to register for an account in Movable Type
When creating a blog, it is common to allow visitors to leave a comment on posts and pages. This fosters a community feeling and helps build content. This article will demonstrate how to create a new account as a visitor in order to be able to make comments on your Movable Type blog site.
Registering as a visitor in Movable Type
- Visit the movable type blog website. For example, our test website is set up at mt.inmotiontesting.com/test_blog
- From the main blog page, you should see at the blog entries. Find an entry you want to comment on and click on the Comments (or No Comments) link.
- This opens up the comment area below the post. You will see a link entitled Sign In. Click there to continue.
- You are brought to the sign in page. At the bottom is a Sign Uplink. Click that link to begin registration.
- From this screen, enter your membership details. All fields except Website are required. Click the Registerbutton to continue once you have entered all of your information.
- You receive a screen explaining that your email will receive a confirmation message. Log into your email and click on the link in the message.
- After clicking the link, you will be sent to a login screen with a confirmation message. From here you may log in and make your comment.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!