Adding a Logo to your Movable Type site
Movable Type does not have any logo in the template by default. In order to place your logo in the header section of your site, you will need to upload your image to the Assets, then add the HTML code in the template Header Banner linking your logo in the code. Below are the steps to insert a logo into your Movable Type websites Default theme.
Steps to upload a Logo
- Log into your Movable Type Dashboard.
- On the left side where it shows "Assets", click New.
- Upload your Logo to the server.
- Click your logo on the Manage Assets page.
- Find the path to your logo image. In this case, the logo was uploaded to the main folder of the Movable Type install directory.
In this case, the logo was uploaded to the main install directory. You can use the url in the image tag on step 8.
- Go to "Design" on the left and click Templates.
- Under the "Template Modules", click the Banner Header.
- Add the following code after the <div id="header-content">.
<img src="http://your-domain.com/logo.png" alt="My Logo" style="float:left;padding: 0px 20px 0px 0px" />
Save the Changes.
- Publish the site by clicking the Publish button at the top right.
- Click Publish.
‹Section 1: How to change the theme in Movable Type
›Section 3: Editing the Footer Banner module text in Movable Type
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Changing the Appearance of Movable Type
|1.||How to change the theme in Movable Type|
|2.||Adding a Logo to your Movable Type site|
|3.||Editing the Footer Banner module text in Movable Type|
|4.||Removing the Powered By information in Movable Type|