How to Add Tags to Assets in Movable Type
Published: Mar 9, 2013
Last Modified: Mar 14, 2013
One of the aids to finding pages or assets within Movable Type is the tag. Tags are simply keywords that can be associated with an asset or page. The following article shows to how add tags to Movable Type.
Inserting Tags in Movable Type
- Login to the Movable Type Dashboard.
- Click on the Website or Blog that you wish to edit.
- Scroll down the menu on left and click on ASSETS.
- You can define TAGS for newly added assets, or you can add them to existing assets. Click on a checkbox next to an existing asset, then in the drop-down menu labeled MORE ACTIONS (above the assets table), click on the drop-down arrow and select ADD TAGS. Click on the GO button.
- You will see a small dialog window that lets you define the tag. Click in the blank field and type in a tag to associate to the asset.
- Click on OK to assign the TAG. You will then see a confirmation window pop up. Confirm the assignment, and then the list will be updated.
When a tag is assigned to the asset, you can view the tag by clicking directly on the asset name in order to EDIT the asset. Or,you can find the tag listed in the TAGS section of the Movable Type menu system. See Managing Assets in Movable Type for further details. The screenshot shows the current TAG list from the TAGS section of the Movable Type Administrator Dashboard:
For more information on using tags, see Managing Tags in Movable Type.
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Adding Content to Movable Type
Publishing Movable Type
|1.||Movable Type: Dynamic and Static Publishing|
Creating and Editing pages
|2.||How to create a new page in Movable Type|
|3.||How to edit a page in Movable Type|
Adding links, text, and images
|4.||How to insert an Image in Movable Type|
|5.||Adding an internal link in Movable Type|
|6.||Creating a Contact Page in Movable Type|
|7.||Adding an iFrame to a Movable Type Webpage|
Working with Assets
|8.||Managing Tags in Movable Type|
|9.||How to Add Tags to Assets in Movable Type|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!