Installing Moodle with Softaculous
When installing Moodle manually, there are a few steps to take that may be time consuming. Softaculous is a great program for installing software on the server. Moodle can be installed through Softaculous with little effort. This eliminates the need to download files, connecting to the server to upload them, and all the other steps needed to install Moodle. This article will explain how to install Moodle through the cPanel Softaculous application.
Installing Moodle with Softaculous
- Log into cPanel
- Navigate towards the bottom where it says Software/Services. Click Softaculous.
- Next, Moodle will show up on the page.
- On the Software setup page, do the following.
1. Choose the version you want to install.
2. Leave the choose protocol at the default setting. If SSL is required, SSL can be set here. This only applies to installations that the server has SSL set up for.
3. Select the domain from the drop box that Moodle is being installed on.
Note! If you are installing in a subfolder, you may want to create a subdomain first before installing on the domain.
4. Leave In Directory blank.
5. The Data directory is for the Moodle secure files. Leave the Data Directory default.
6. Database name can be renamed or left as is. This is not critical.
7. The Cron job is for Moodle to run php scripts at certain intervals. Leave the Cron Job as is.
- The Site settings can be set to whatever you want for your Site name and description. This can be changed later in the Moodle Admin section.
1. Leave the database prefix as is. You can change the database prefix for added security; however, this is not necessary.
2. The Admin Account section is the most important .This is the login and email configuration for the Moodle administrator login. Enter the Username, password and a valid email address in the fields.
3. Set the language and Click Install. The page will show Checking the submitted data.
- Next the page should show Congratulations, the software was installed successfully. Click Return to overview.
This concludes the article on Installing Moodle with Softaculous. Once installed, you will need to log in to the Administrator section to start buildingh the site. Please see How to log into the Moodle 2.3.2 Administrator Dashboard for information on how to log in. For more information on this Education course please visit Getting Started with Moodle
‹Section 1: Getting Started Guide: Moodle
›Section 3: How to log into the Moodle Administrator Dashboard
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Getting Started with Moodle
|1.||Getting Started Guide: Moodle|
Installing and Logging in
|2.||Installing Moodle with Softaculous|
|3.||How to log into the Moodle Administrator Dashboard|
Resetting your Moodle Password
|4.||I forgot / How to reset Moodle 2.3 username or password|
|5.||How to change the Username and Password in Moodle|
|6.||Changing the Moodle admin password through PhpMyAdmin|
Front Page Settings
|7.||How to edit the Front page settings in Moodle|
|8.||Editing the summary on the Moodle Frontpage|
|9.||Inserting an iframe in the Moodle Frontpage|
|10.||Managing the Moodle question bank|
Backup & Restore
|11.||Creating a Backup of Moodle|
|12.||Restoring Moodle from a backup|
My Profile Settings
|13.||Editing the User profile in the My Profile Settings of Moodle|
|14.||Configuring notification methods for incoming messages in Moodle|
|15.||Installing a Language pack in Moodle|
2014-07-08 5:17 pm
buen dia .
Yo tengo contratado un servidor con ustedes , pero no puedo habilitar los apartados para llevar a cabo la instalacion de Softaculous .. ¿acaso necesito comprar la licencia de ese programa?
Translated from Google Translate:
I have hired a server with you, but I can not enable the sections to carry out the installation of Softaculous .. maybe I need to buy the license for that program?
2014-07-08 5:25 pm
If you are on a VPS or dedicated server, you will need to <a href="http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/softaculous/how-to-purchase-a-softaculous-license-in-amp" target="_blank">purchase a Softaculous license in AMP</a> for your server.
<strong>Translated from Google Translate:</strong>
Si usted esta en un VPS o un servidor dedicado, usted tendra que comprar una licencia Softaculous en AMP para su servidor.</em>
2015-03-23 1:25 pm
When I complete the install it says that the software has been installed correctly and gives me two links. Either one I click on tries to start a download. It doesn't take me to a login page.
2015-03-23 7:24 pm
It sounds as if you have an issue on your account with the proper php version. You can attempt to change versions on your own within the cPanel or contact our Live Support to see if they can assist you.
2015-04-23 6:16 pm
Thank you for the response. The php version was set to 5.4 (native). I changed it to 5.6 and reinstalled. I still have the issue. Any other ideas?
2015-04-23 6:30 pm
Thank you for your question. Next, I would check your .htaccess file, it is explained in more depth in this similar question: PHP files downloading instead of executing.
If that does not help, please contact Live Support so they can test and replicate the error.