I forgot / How to reset Moodle 2.3 username or password
The previous article in the Getting Started with Moodle course on how to log in to Moodle explained the login process. If you forgot the username and/or password for the Moodle administrator login, Moodle has a built in Forgotten your username or password? feature. This allows the administrator to obtain the username and password for the site.
Reseting the Moodle username or password
- Visit the Moodle login page.
- Click the Forgotten your username or password? link on the Moodle login page.
- On this page, the username or the email address can be used to recover the login information that is needed. In this case, the Search by email address will be used. Enter the email for the Moodle admin and click "Search".
- Next will be a Confirmation page. Click Continue.
- Next there will be an email sent called Change Password Confirmation. The email will look like the following Screen shot. There will be a link that resets the password for the login. Click the link.
- Next there will be a page that says "Thank you for Confirming the change of Password". Click Continue.
- Finally, an email called Changed Password will be sent with the Login information needed for logging into Moodle.
The next article will outline how to change the username and/or password for your Moodle Login.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?
Getting Started with Moodle
|1.||Getting Started Guide: Moodle|
Installing and Logging in
|2.||Installing Moodle with Softaculous|
|3.||How to log into the Moodle 2.3.2 Administrator Dashboard|
Resetting your Moodle Password
|4.||I forgot / How to reset Moodle 2.3 username or password|
|5.||How to change the username and password in Moodle 2.3.2|
|6.||Changing the Moodle admin password through PhpMyAdmin|
Front Page Settings
|7.||How to edit the Front page settings in Moodle|
|8.||Editing the summary on the Moodle Frontpage|
|9.||Inserting an iframe in the Moodle Frontpage|
|10.||Managing the Moodle question bank|
Backup & Restore
|11.||Creating a backup of Moodle|
|12.||Restoring Moodle from a backup|
My Profile Settings
|13.||Editing the User profile in the My Profile Settings of Moodle|
|14.||Configuring notification methods for incoming messages in Moodle|
|15.||Installing a Language pack in Moodle|