Removing the branded Moodle image from a theme footer
In most Moodle themes, the Moodle branded logo is shown at the bottom of each page. When making a Moodle site for a college or another professional setting, the logo is typically not wanted at the bottom of the page. The logo can be removed from the theme.
Depending on the type of theme, the logo can be removed either through the Moodle Site administration section or through the code on the server. This article will explain how to remove the Moodle branded logo from 2 different themes: Formal White (Done through the Site Administrator) and Afterburner (Done through the code).
Removing the Moodle brand logo through the Theme properties
Many themes have the option to edit the theme properties through the Moodle Site administration section. In the Appearance > themes section, the theme can be selected and edited through the dashboard. In this case, the Formal White theme will be used as an example.
The image to the right shows what the Theme looks like with the Moodle link at the bottom of the page. There are many reasons to remove the link. This link can be removed through the Moodle site administration.
Steps to edit in the Moodle Site administration
- Log into the Moodle Dashboard
- Select Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Formal white in the Settings on the left.
- On the theme properties page, Select never from the Display credits to moodle.org box. Save changes.
- Next, make sure the theme cache is cleared for the changes to show on the site. Go to Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector.
Click Clear theme caches.
Removing the Moodle brand logo through the code
Another way to remove the Moodle branded link in the theme is to comment them out through the code on the server. An example of a theme that does not have the ability to remove the Moodle branded link at the bottom of the template is the Afterburner theme.
The image to the right shows the Moodle logo at the bottom of the Afterburner theme. This cannot be removed through the Moodle Site administrator. Because the option is not in the Moodle dashboard, the code will need to be edited on the server. Simply commenting out the line of code will cause the image to not display in the site.
Steps to edit the code
- Log into cPanel. Navigate to the theme in the file manager on the server. The file to edit is:
- Navigate to the lines where the footer is located.In this case its on line 117. Moodle will show where the footer begins with the following comment:
<!-- START OF FOOTER -->The code to Comment out is highlighted in the image to the right.
- Comment the lines similar to the snapshot to the right. HTML comments have: <!-- (before the code) and --> (After the code).
<!-- <p>Some Code here<p> -->
Save the changes.
- Next, makes sure the theme cache is cleared for the changes to show on the site. Go to Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector.
Click Clear theme caches.
Congratulations, the link to Moodle at the bottom was removed from the theme. This concludes the article for Removing the Moodle branded logo from the bottom of a theme.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?