Changing the Logo and Footer in Moodle themes
Another feature in Changing the Appearance of Moodle themes is the ability to edit the footer and logo. Not all themes have the same editing capabilities; however, theme with logo options work the same. The image is uploaded to the server and then linked in the Moodle theme Logo setting. The following tutorial will explain how to upload the logo and change the Footer text in the Afterburner theme.
Editing the Logo and Footer in Moodle themes
- Log into the Moodle Dashboard
- Navigate to the Site Administrator > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector in the Settingson the left.
Important! The standard Moodle theme does not have an option to edit the footer or logo. To have a custom logo and footer, a different theme will need to be selected. In this tutorial, the Afterburner theme is used. If you don't know how to change the theme, please see the article, Changing the default Standard theme in Moodle.
- The Next page that displays is for changing the logo, footer and custom CSSproperties. This tutorial will focus only on the Logo and the Footer for the Afterburner theme. Different themes have different properties in this section. The Logo and the Footer sections are the same for all of the themes.
Logo: The logo will very between each theme. The logo section will give instructions for the parameters for the logo to display correctly. For the Afterburner theme, the logo must be 320px wide by 75px high.
The logo will need to be uploaded to the server in order to link it. For information on how to upload files to the server, please visit How to upload a file using File Manager in cPanel (for cpanel) or How can I use FTP to upload my files? (for FTP).The link will look similar to the following, depending on where it was uploaded:
Footnote: This section allows for the footer text to be edited. Enter the Text to display on the footer.
Custom CSS: Custom CSS can be set up in this box. This is not going to be addressed in this tutorial. Some themes do not have this option available.
Click Save changes.
- Once the theme logo and footer are updated, the Theme cache will need to be cleared to display the new appearance. Navigate back to the Theme selector for the theme and click Clear theme caches on the top right corner.
- Now the new logo and footer will show in the theme.
Congratulations, the Logo and footer for the theme was updated. This concludes the article for Changing the Logo and Footer in Moodle themes. If you missed the previous article on Configuring the Navigation block in Moodle, please visit it now. Please see the next tutorial on Manually installing a theme for Moodle 2.3.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?