Changing your URL in Mediawiki
You must already have MediaWiki installed before attempting this guide.
How to Change your URL:
- Using the editor of your choice, navigate to the LocalSettings.php file in the folder you installed MediaWiki.
- Locate the line of code that begins with $wgServer. By default, it will look similar to this:
$wgServer = "http://example.com";
- Change the domain to your new URL, and save your settings. In my test I am using a shared SSL, it will look similar to this after:
$wgServer = "https://secure49.inmotionhosting.com";
- Next, in your LocalSettings.php locate the line beginning with $wgScriptPath, it may look similar to this by default:
$wgScriptPath = "/mediawiki";
- Enter the new folder location if it is changing. For example:
$wgScriptPath = "/~userna99/mediawiki";
- Save your changes, and test the website. You may have to clear your browser cache before seeing the changes.
Congratulations, now you know how to change your Mediawiki URL!
Continued Education in Course 101: Getting Started with MediaWiki
You are viewing Section 8: Changing your URL in Mediawiki
‹Section 7: Adding / Removing account access features in MediaWiki
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Getting Started with MediaWiki
|1.||Basic MediaWiki site overview|
|2.||Installing MediaWiki with Softaculous|
|3.||Installing MediaWiki manually|
Manage Users and login
|4.||How to log into MediaWiki|
|5.||Managing passwords and usernames in MediaWiki|
|6.||Managing User Accounts in MediaWiki|
|7.||Adding / Removing account access features in MediaWiki|
|8.||Changing your URL in Mediawiki|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!
2017-08-20 3:26 am
Thanks a lot for posting this helpful tidbit. It saved me a lot of time trying to figure out what to do when I change DNS names with MediaWiki!