Deleting and restoring pages in MediaWiki
Pages can be deleted or removed from MediaWiki when spammers, abusers, and vandals deface pages or create unwanted pages on your site. When "deleting" a page, the page is actually not deleted. MediaWiki will remove the page from the site In the event a page was deleted by accident, you can restore the page from the deleted pages list.
To prevent users from defacing your MediWiki site, you can restrict teh users from accessing the site. Visit the Adding / Removing account access features in MediaWiki learn more about tutorial. The following section will explain the steps to delete/remove and restore pages in MediaWiki.
Steps to delete and restore pages
Deleting a page
- Log into MediaWiki
- Navigate to the page you want to delete.
- Click the drop arrow on the right top of the page and select Delete.
- The page will show Delete "the page name".
Select the reason for deleting the page.
Click the Delete page button.
Note! Deleted pages can be restored at a later date. The pages are removed from the site; however, they can be made available again if the page was deleted by accident.
The page is now removed from the wiki.
How to restore a deleted page
- Log into MediaWiki
- Click Special pages on the left hand side in the sidebar.
- In the page tools section, click View deleted pages.
- On the Search deleted pages page, click "the deletion log".
- On the recent deleted pages section, find the page that was deleted and click view/restore in the deleted pages information.
- The Restore revisions option will display for restoring the page. In the reason text box, enter the reason for restoring the page. In this case, we entered "Deleted by Accident".
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Adding content to MediaWiki
Working with namespaces and pages
|1.||How to create pages in MediaWiki|
|2.||How to edit MediaWiki pages|
|3.||Adding pages to MediaWiki namespaces|
|4.||Deleting and restoring pages in MediaWiki|
|5.||Adding and removing redirects in MediaWiki|
Formatting and inserting content
|6.||How to format content in MediaWiki|
|7.||Enabling user image uploads in MediaWiki|
|8.||How to insert images into MediaWiki|
|9.||Formatting images in MediaWiki|
|10.||Creating an Image Gallery in MediaWiki|