Adding additional languages in Mambo
In this article I'll be teaching you how to add an additional language pack to your Mambo installation, which will allow your Mambo site to be displayed in another language rather than just English.
Adding additional language packs to Mambo
- Login to your Mambo admin dashboard.
- In the top menu, hover over Installers and then select Universal from the drop-down.
- Under the Upload Package File section, click on Choose File button and then browse to the Mambo language file you'd like to upload. Then click on Upload File & Install.
Enabling new language in Mambo
Now that you've installed a language pack, you'll want to set it as active to actually have it displayed on your Mambo site.
- In the top menu, hover over Site and then select Language Manager from the drop-down.
- Click on the New icon towards the top-right, then on the next page select your uploaded language from the Language drop-down, then click on Save up towards the top-right.
- Now back on the Mambo Language Editor page, under the Default column, click on the red X beside the new language you've selected, this will turn it to a green checkmark making it the default language for your Mambo site.
You should now understand how to add a language pack to Mambo and set it as your default language. Please note that language packs for Mambo can be a bit hard to find these days, as the official repositories for them no longer seem to exist.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Getting Started with Mambo
Installing and Logging in
|1.||How to Install Mambo through Softaculous|
|2.||How to log into your Mambo admin dashboard|
|3.||How to change the Admin password for Mambo|
|4.||Adding additional languages in Mambo|
|5.||Enable / Disable User Registration in Mambo|
|6.||How to configure SMTP in Mambo|