How to Change the Default Title in Magento 1.6
Magento 1.6 has a default title used as the meta-title on all non-content pages that do not have a custom title. You can change this default title to whatever you’d like. You’ll want to use a more descriptive title and it is easily changed in the Magento 1.6 Admin Panel.
Please feel free to visit our other Magento Tutorials in our Education Channel.
- Log into your Magento Admin Backend
- Go to System ->> Configuration
- In the left menu pane under “General” select “Design”
- Click on the “HTML Head” section in the center of your browser screen to open it
- Next to the “Default Title” heading type in your custom title
- If you want your store name to show up in all your pages title tag at the end, you can put it into the “title Suffix” field as well
- Click “Save Config”
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?