How to Change the Default Title in Magento 1.6
Magento 1.6 has a default title used as the meta-title on all non-content pages that do not have a custom title. You can change this default title to whatever you’d like. You’ll want to use a more descriptive title and it is easily changed in the Magento 1.6 Admin Panel.
Please feel free to visit our other Magento Tutorials in our Education Channel.
- Log into your Magento Admin Backend
- Go to System ->> Configuration
- In the left menu pane under “General” select “Design”
- Click on the “HTML Head” section in the center of your browser screen to open it
- Next to the “Default Title” heading type in your custom title
- If you want your store name to show up in all your pages title tag at the end, you can put it into the “title Suffix” field as well
- Click “Save Config”
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Customizing Magento 1.6
2014-10-20 2:46 am
This is how you setup titles correctly in Magento. Although we have noticed that SEO is lot more than Titles and Metas. It would be wise to use some sort of SEO extension to help you define the correct SEO strategy which works.