Changing the Default Welcome Message in Magento 1.6
One of the first things you see when you visit your new Magento 1.6 shopping cart is the default welcome message in the upper right corner of the page, which reads:
Default welcome msg!
This is a simple customization and a good place to start on customizing Magento 1.6. In the last tutorial, we covered how to log into the Magento Backend and that's where we'll change the default welcome message. To change the default message displayed on your Magento 1.6 web pages, you'll need to log into the Magento admin.
Please read our Magento Tutorials for more information on customizing Magento.
- Log into the Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System ->> Configuration
- In the Left side menu pane choose "Design" under the "General" heading
- Select the "Header" option in the body of the page
- Find "Welcome Text", it should say Default welcome msg! Type in the new message you want Magento to display
- Click "Save Config"
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.