Change the number of articles on your Joomla 3.1 frontpage
The first Blog Layout Option that we will review is the # Leading Articles setting, an option that controls the number of articles on your Joomla 3.0 frontpage:
# Leading Articles
Number of leading articles to display as full-width at the beginning of the page.
This setting, as the description implies, controls how many articles will be shown on your Joomla 3.0 homepage. The default setting is 4, and you can see in the screenshots below how our homepage changes when we change this setting to 2:
|# Leading Articles: 4||# Leading Articles: 2|
As you can see in the screenshots above, the # Leading Articles setting controls how many articles will show on your homepage. This setting is easy to change, and we'll show you how in this tutorial.
How to change the number of articles on your Joomla 3.0 homepage
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 Admin dashboard
- In the top menu, click Menus and then click Main Menu (or the menu with a logo of a house to the right)
- In the list of Menu Items, find and click on the menu item that has a yellow star under the Home column
- Click the Advanced Options tab at the top of the page
- Click to expand the Blog Layout Options section
- Find the setting labeled # Leading Articles, change the value next to it, and then click Save in the to left of the page
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
How to Blog using Joomla 3
Working with Blog Posts
|1.||How to write a blog post in Joomla 3.1|
|2.||How to add a Read more button in Joomla 3.1|
Working with the Header / Banner Images
|3.||How to change the banner image in Joomla 3.1|
|4.||How to hide the banner image in Joomla 3.1|
|5.||Change the number of articles on your Joomla 3.1 frontpage|
|6.||Showing Articles in Columns on the Joomla 3.1 frontpage|
|7.||Changing the number of links on the Joomla 3.1 frontpage|
|8.||Joomla 3.1 frontpage article order|
Sidebar Modules and Widgets
|9.||Configuring Older Posts in Joomla 3.1|
|10.||Working with the BlogRoll module in Joomla 3.1|
|11.||Working with the Most Read Posts module in Joomla 3.1|