jimport is a function that is used to include Joomla library files.How to use Jimport:
Find the path to the library file you want to include.
• In our testing, we want to import /libraries/joomla/filesystem/path.php
• Jimport will only import files found within the libraries folder.
Make the following changes to the path:
• Remove /libraries/ from the path
• Remove .php from the path
• Replace slashes with periods in the path
After following the steps above, /libraries/joomla/filesystem/path.php will be:
Take this new path and pass it to jimport, as in:
If you followed along with the above example, you can see in the screenshot below how jimport is works:
‹Section 15: Updating article hits when using Joomla cache
›Section 17: Fatal error: Call to undefined method - Joomla 3 Component Development
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!