How to install a Joomla 3.1 Template
In this tutorial, Installing a Joomla 3.0 template, we will be installing the Joomla 3.0 template that we created. The steps in this tutorial apply regardless of whether you are installing a Joomla 3 template that you've created yourself or downloaded from the internet.
Installation steps for a Joomla 3.0 Template
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard.
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and then click Extension Manager.
- Under the Upload Package File heading, click the Browse button.
- Find and select the Joomla 3.0 template on your computer, and then click the Upload & Install button.
change the site template used by Joomla 3.0
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Building a Basic Joomla 3 Template with Bootstrap
2013-10-18 3:57 am
Thanks for the tutorial.
At this point, I'm getting the following error: "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file". Where did I go wrong?
Version of Joomla is Joomla! 3.1.5
2013-10-18 7:58 am
This error can be caused by a few reasons.
1) The theme that you are trying to install is for an older version of Joomla and is not compatible with the version of Joomla that you are on.
2) The permissions for the XML file within the theme has incorrect permissions. Try changing them to 755.
3) The XML file for the theme that you are trying to install has a coding error within the XML file.
If you have looked through all of these options and are still having trouble, I recommend speaking with the developer of that theme as they may be able to point you in the right direction.
2014-05-30 12:40 am
"...Try changing them to 755."
For your information, 755 is the octal permission mode in Linux platforms where 7 represents read-write-execute permissions for the group, 5 represents read-write for owner and the other 5 represents read-write for other users.
7 - read,write,execute GROUP
5 - read,write OWNER
5 - read,write OTHERS
2013-10-18 8:00 am
Thanks for the reply.
I'm using the code as specified in this tutorial so I'm starting from scratch.
2013-10-18 8:09 am
It seems to be working fine now. After too many install errors, I took a different approach by starting with a basic template that installs ok and then replacing it with the code in the tutorial.