Redirecting forms to specific pages in Joomla 3.1
In our previous tutorial we showed you how contact forms work in Joomla 3.0. One of the points that we mentioned is that when you submit the form, the page reloads and shows the user a confirmation message that the form was submitted.
You have the option to configure what URL is shown after the form is submitted. By default the same page the form was on will load, but you can change this to anything you'd like (both to another page on your site, or any other page on the web). This setting is referred to as Contact Redirect, and we'll show you how to find and change it.
Changing the Contact Redirect Page
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard
- In the top menu, click Menus and then click on the menu where your contacts menu item is.
- In the list of menu items, click on the Contacts menu item you want to change the redirection of
- Click the Advanced Options tab towards top of the page
- Click Mail Options to expand the available options under this setting.
- Find the Contact Redirect setting, enter a url to redirect users to after the form has been submitted, and then click Save in the top left of the page.
By default, this setting is blank. In our testing, we set the Contact Redirect setting to another page within our site:
My first blog post
If you look in the screenshot to the right, you can see that after we submitted the form the user was redirected to index.php/7-my-first-blog-post. The user will still see the confirmation message that their email was sent, that message will instead be shown on the page you setup the redirect to.
‹Section 4: How Contact Forms work in Joomla 3.1
›Section 6: Using a Captcha with the Contacts Component in Joomla 3.1
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!