How to Show Last Modify Date for articles in Joomla 3.1
Joomla 3.0 gives you the option to show to your visitors the last time an article was modified. This option is disabled by default, but you can enable it using the Show Modify Date setting. Joomla gives the following description for this setting:
Show Modify Date
If set to Show, the date and time an Article was last modified will be displayed. This is a global setting but can be changed at the Category, Menu and Article levels.
You can see in the following screenshots how this setting will affect your articles:
|Show Modify Date: Hide||Show Modify Date: Show|
In our testing, this setting had no effect when viewing an article directly. Instead, it only took affect when viewing a category page that showed articles that belong to that specific category.
To Show the Last Updated date of an article in Joomla 3.0:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 administrative dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- In the list of articles, click the title of the article that you want to adjust the Show Modify Date setting for
- Above the article, click the Article Options tab
- Find the setting labeled Show Modify Date. Next to it, click either Use Global, Hide, or Show. Then, click the Save button towards the upper left of the page
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!