When writing new articles in Joomla 3.0, you may notice that when you view the article on your site the title of the article is a link. The link points back to the article itself, and is the default behavior in Joomla 3.0.
There is an article option within Joomla 3.0 that you can configure to set whether or not the title will be printed as a link. The setting is referred to as Linked Titles, and Joomla 3.0 gives the following description:
If set to Yes, the article title will be a link to the article.
To prevent article titles showing as links:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 administrative dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- Find and click on the title of the article that you want to adjust the linked title setting for
- In the tabbed menu, click Article Options
- Find the setting labeled Linked Titles. Next to it, select either Use Global, No, or Yes, and then click the Save button in the top left menu. You can see in the screenshots below how this setting will affect articles on your site.
|Linked Titles: No ||Linked Titles: Yes
2013-09-20 3:52 pm EST
Thanks for the question, it's a pretty tough one. I believe that you would probably need to go each individual article, select the Article Options, and then select the option for it to be linkable or not. I looked at it with the author of the above tutorial (Brad) and he agreed that it didn't look like it would be a global option, but something you would need to set per article.
I hope that helps to answer your question! Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments.
Thanks for the reply. I figured as much. This seems like a odd thing to not have been resolved in joomla. Its confusing to the end user to click on a title from the category view and then see that the title is still clickable, so they may click it to see what else is there, only to not have the page change. So they may think the website is broken.
I am weaning myself off K2, but its global category options are better for UX then j core. They have the article options as part of the category options, so that all contained articles inherit these options.
Maybe there is a plugin that fixes this?
I will look into an override too.
2013-09-23 8:26 pm EST
There probably is a plugin - but nothing I've seen thus far. If I find any further information I will update this response. Thanks for the response and for your patience!