How to disable user registration in Joomla 2.5
If your Joomla 2.5 website is not community driven, for example you don't have a forum or you don't allow comments on articles, then there is not a need to allow users to register and sign up for accounts. In this article we'll walk you through the steps of disabling new user registration in Joomla 2.5.
To disable new user registration in Joomla 2.5:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- Click the User Manager icon
- Click the Options icon in the top right
- Under the Component tab, set Allow User Registration to No and then click Save & Close
- You have now disabled user registration! Your Joomla 2.5 website will no longer have the new user registration option.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Working with Users in Joomla 2.5
2014-07-16 11:28 pm
Thanks for the tip but what about when using VirtueMart 2.6.6 with a menu link to "Virtuemart account maintenance" annoyingly, the option to register appears! I've struggled for hours trying to find a way of disabling it or removing the code in the appropriate file but no luck, would appreciate your help, thank you.
2014-07-17 9:55 am
You may want to post your question to the VirtueMart forums as they would be able to provide you with the best method to make this change.