How to disable user registration in Joomla 2.5
If your Joomla 2.5 website is not community driven, for example you don't have a forum or you don't allow comments on articles, then there is not a need to allow users to register and sign up for accounts. In this article we'll walk you through the steps of disabling new user registration in Joomla 2.5.
To disable new user registration in Joomla 2.5:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- Click the User Manager icon
- Click the Options icon in the top right
- Under the Component tab, set Allow User Registration to No and then click Save & Close
- You have now disabled user registration! Your Joomla 2.5 website will no longer have the new user registration option.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?