How to create a new Menu and Menu Module in Joomla 2.5
Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps of creating a new menu in Joomla 2.5. If you don't have any previous experience with Joomla 2.5 menus, we suggest taking a look first at An Introduction to Joomla 2.5 Menus.
To create a Joomla 2.5 menu:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu under Menus, click Menu Manager
- Click the New button in the top right menu
- Type in a menu title, type, and description. Then click Save & Close in the top right menu
- Find and click Add a module for this menu type next to the menu you just created
- Type in a Title, choose a Position for the menu, and then click Save & Close
At this point, we have successfully created a new Joomla Menu. The menu is not going to show on our Joomla 2.5 site until we first add a menu item to it. For information on changing the display order of the menus, see our guide on Joomla Menu Re-Ordering
‹Section 2: An Introduction to Joomla 2.5 Menus
›Section 4: Joomla 2.5 Menu Items - Category List vs. Category Blog
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!