How to move a Joomla 2.5 module to a different positionWritten by Brad Markle
In our previous article, we explained how positions help define the layout of a Joomla 2.5 template. In this article, we'll show you how to move a module to a different position on the page.
In this tutorial, we are going to move the "About Joomla!" menu to the footer of the page, to position-9.
To move a module to a different position:
- Identify the name of the position you want to move your module to
To do this, refer to our article on Viewing Module Positions in Joomla 2.5. In this example, we will be moving the menu to position-9
- If you're not already, log into your Joomla Dashboard. Then, under Extensions in the top menu, click Module Manager
- Use the Filter feature to find the module you want to work with, and then click on the module's name
- Next to the Position label, click Select position
- Use the Filter feature to find the new position, and then click on the position's name
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button in the top right
You have now move a module to a different position in your Joomla 2.5 website! Refresh you webpage and you should see the change.
|Before the module position change||After the module position change|