Joomla 2.5 Backup - Installing Akeeba Backup
Creating a backup of your Joomla 2.5 website, or any website actually, is a very important process. It's often required to restore your website to a previous version (using a backup). A very popular Joomla 2.5 backup tool is Akeeba Backup. In this tutorial series, we'll show you how to use Akeeba Backup. The very first thing you'll need to do is download and install Akeeba Backup.
To install Akeeba Backup for Joomla 2.5:
- Visit this url and download akeeba backup.
When visiting the above page, click the "Akeeba Backup" heading. Then click the heading for the latest stable release. We clicked "3.4.3(Stable)". Finally, click "Download now" under Akeeba Backup Core.
- Log into your Joomla Admin
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Extension Manager
- Under Upload Package File, click Browse and locate the file you downloaded above. Then click Upload & Install
- After clicking Upload & Install, you should see a message that states Installing component was successful.
At this point, you have successfully installed Akeeba Backup for Joomla 2.5! Your next step will be to run the post-installation configuration.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?