Joomla 2.5 backup - Creating your first Akeeba Backup
To backup your Joomla 2.5 website using Akeeba Backup:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Akeeba Backup
- In the Akeeba Backup menu, click Backup Now
- Choose your Active Profile, adjust the Short description if you wish, enter a backup comment (see screenshot below), and then click Backup Now!
- The backup process will begin, and a progress meter will be shown at the bottom of the page.
You will receive a message when the backup process has been completed:
- At this point, you have successfully created a Joomla 2.5 backup using the Akeeba Backup component! In future tutorials, we'll show you how to restore your site from this backup.
Continued Education in Course 206: Backing up your Joomla 2.5 website
You are viewing Section 3: Joomla 2.5 backup - Creating your first Akeeba Backup
‹Section 2: Joomla 2.5 backup - Akeeba Backup Post-installation configuration
›Section 4: Joomla 2.5 backup - Downloading a copy of your Akeeba Backup
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Backing up your Joomla 2.5 website
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!