Joomla 2.5 backup - Creating your first Akeeba Backup
To backup your Joomla 2.5 website using Akeeba Backup:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Akeeba Backup
- In the Akeeba Backup menu, click Backup Now
- Choose your Active Profile, adjust the Short description if you wish, enter a backup comment (see screenshot below), and then click Backup Now!
- The backup process will begin, and a progress meter will be shown at the bottom of the page.
You will receive a message when the backup process has been completed:
- At this point, you have successfully created a Joomla 2.5 backup using the Akeeba Backup component! In future tutorials, we'll show you how to restore your site from this backup.
Did you find this article helpful?
We value your feedback!
Why was this article not helpful? (Check all that apply)The article is too difficult or too technical to follow.
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
How did you find this article?
Please tell us how we can improve this article:
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Like this Article? Tweet
Backing up your Joomla 2.5 website
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!