How to write a new Article in Joomla 2.5Written by Brad Markle
When you create a new page for your website, you are writing a new article. Joomla is referred to as a Content Management System as it allows you to easily manage all of your content (articles that you've written).
Please note: When writing an article in Joomla, there are many (many) options and settings you can change. In this tutorial, we will show you the very basic steps that you will need to write a new article.
To write a new article in Joomla:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, under Content, hover over Article Manager and then click Add New Article
- Next to Title, write a Title for your Article
- Next to Category, choose the category your article should belong to
- Type in the content for your article. As Joomla uses a WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get editor), you have access to normal formatting features such as bold and text-align.
- To publish your article, click Savein the top menu.
Congratulations, you have just written a new article! An easy way to see your article on your website is to search your website for the article's title (see screenshot below).