Joomla 2.5 ACL - Assigning users to user groups
In our previous Joomla 2.5 ACL tutorial, we showed you how to create a new user group. This user group was called Teachers, and will allow us to give certain core permissions to our Teachers in our fictional school website.
Now that we have a new user group, we need to assign a user to the Teacher user group.
To assign a Joomla 2.5 user to a specfic user group:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Users and click User Manager
- In the list of users, click the username of the user you want to assign to a different group. In our example, we are assigning our Ivana Teach user to the teachers user group
- Under Assigned User Groups, select the user groups you would like the user assigned to (they can be assigned to more than one user group). In our example, we placed a check next to Teachers
- Click Save & Close in the top right menu.
As you can see from the screenshot below, our Ivana Teach is now assigned to our Teachers user group:
Now that you have assigned a user to your new User Group, you'll next want to test writing an article on the front end with your new user.
‹Section 3: Joomla 2.5 ACL - Creating User Groups
›Section 5: Joomla 2.5 ACL - Changing User Permissions based upon Article Category
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!