Changing the Password and Security Question for the McAfee Control Console
When you first access the McAfee Control Console you are required to create a password and setup a security question.
In this guide we will show you how to change your password and security question from within the McAfee Control Console.
This is for users who are subscribed to McAfee Email Protection.
How to Change Your Password & Security Question:
- Login to the McAfee Control Console.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Click the Change button to the right of the Password option.
- Enter your new password in the Password, and Confirm Password fields, then click the Apply button.
You will then see a notification stating "The Preferences were updated successfully," and your new password has been saved.
If you only want to change your password, you can stop here. The next steps will cover changing your Security Question.
- Click the Change button to the right of the Security Question option.
- Click the drop-down box to the right of Security Question, and click the security question you want to use.
- Enter your answer to the question in the field below, then click the Apply button to save. You will see a notification stating "The Preferences were updated successfully."
Congratulations, now you know how to change your Password, and Security Question for the McAfee Control Console!
Continued Education in Course 203: McAfee Email Protection
You are viewing Section 9: Changing the Password and Security Question for the McAfee Control Console
‹Section 8: Changing Your Time Zone in the McAfee Control Console
›Section 10: How to Change the Language in the McAfee Control Console
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
McAfee Email Protection
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!