Changing the Anonymous user name in Drupal 8
You can allow anonymous users to utlilize various features of your site such as making comments. When doing so, these unregistered users will have a specific user name. By default this is set to 'Anonymous', however you can change this to anything you wish. This quick Drupal 8 guide will demonstrate how to do so.
How to change the Anonymous username
- Log into your administrative interface..
- Using the top menu bar, click on Menu option.
- When the second men u bar appears at the top, select the Configuration option.
- This brings you to the main
screen where there are many categories. Select the People category to continue.
- Now you are on the screen for Account Settings. Look under the first section entitled Anonymous users and change the Name field to the name of your choice, perhaps a simple 'Unregistered' or possibly a name specifically tailored to your site's theme.
- Once you have made the changes to the body text, click on the Save configuration button to activate them. Next time an email is sent out, it will display your new text.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!