Removing the site title in Drupal 8
The site name is the site title that appears at the top of the screen. If you wish to remove this from your theme you can do so via the theme settings. Follow the instructions below to learn how to remove the site title from your Drupal 8 website.
How to remove the site name in Drupal 8
- Log into your Drupal 8 admin dashboard.
- Once logged in click on Menu >> Appearance
- Next you will arrive at the main Appearance page. Here you will see all the available active themes listed at the top under Enabled Themes. Locate the theme you want to work with and click on the Settings link to its right. We will be using the Bartik theme in this example.
- From the theme settings page, scroll down to the Toggle Display section where you will see several options to enable or disable. Uncheck the setting named Site name.
- Once disabled, click on the Save Configuration button to save and activate the change. Now you can visit your site and see that the site name is no longer displayed. A before and after comparison is below to show you how doing this affects your site display.
‹Uploading a custom favicon in Drupal 8
›Disabling user images for posts and comments in Drupal 8
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!