Removing the site title in Drupal 8
The site name is the site title that appears at the top of the screen. If you wish to remove this from your theme you can do so via the theme settings. Follow the instructions below to learn how to remove the site title from your Drupal 8 website.
How to remove the site name in Drupal 8
- Log into your Drupal 8 admin dashboard.
- Once logged in click on Menu >> Appearance
- Next you will arrive at the main Appearance page. Here you will see all the available active themes listed at the top under Enabled Themes. Locate the theme you want to work with and click on the Settings link to its right. We will be using the Bartik theme in this example.
- From the theme settings page, scroll down to the Toggle Display section where you will see several options to enable or disable. Uncheck the setting named Site name.
- Once disabled, click on the Save Configuration button to save and activate the change. Now you can visit your site and see that the site name is no longer displayed. A before and after comparison is below to show you how doing this affects your site display.
Continued Education in Course 105: Managing and working with Drupal 8 themes
You are viewing Section 9: Removing the site title in Drupal 8
‹Section 8: Uploading a custom favicon in Drupal 8
›Section 10: Disabling user images for posts and comments in Drupal 8
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Managing and working with Drupal 8 themes
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!