Installing a module in Drupal 8
Drupal modules help you extend the functionality of your site. While there are quite a few that come with the Drupal 8 core set, you still may wish to find additional modules to assist you in making your site the best it can be. Below you will learn how to install a module into your Drupal 8 website.
Download a module from Drupal.org
The first thing you will need to do is to locate the module you want and download it to your local computer. You can find a list of modules at http://drupal.org/projects/modules. There is a set of filter options to help you narrow your search from the 24,000 or so modules that exist. At the very least, it is advised to set the filter to the your Drupal version.
- Scroll through the list of modules and locate one that you wish to install. Once you find it, click on the module name to be taken to its specific page. For our example, we have chosen the Administration menu module.
- Once you arrive on the specific module's page, scroll down and find the Downloads section. Locate the correct version and click on either the tar.gz or zip link to download it to your machine. It is best if you select your version under the Recommended release section, however as of this writing, the only version available for Drupal 8 is in the Development releases. These may have a few bugs and are recommended for those in a testing or development environment.
Install the module via Drupal 8 admin interface
- Visit your site and log into your Drupal 8 admin interface.
- After you have succesfully logged in, click on Menu >> Extend
- This brings you to the main Extend page. Here you will see all the currently avaialable modules. From here you will click on the Install new module button.
- This brings you to a page where you will need to select the module. To select it from your local computer, click on the Browse button. This brings a popup for you to locate your module. Once it has been selected, click on the Install button.
- You should receive a screen for successful installation. You may now return to the Modules list to ensure that your new module is in the list. To the right is a screenshot that demonstrates our Administration menu module displaying in the list.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Working with Modules in Drupal 8
|1.||Introduction to Drupal 8 modules|
|2.||Activating modules in Drupal 8|
|3.||Installing a module in Drupal 8|