308: Enabling Maintenance Mode in Drupal 8
When you are working with your site, either in the initial build or adding new content, you may want to set the site to Maintenance mode. Drupal 8 allows you to set the site so that visitors will see a customized message while those that have a specific permission will still be able to view the site normally and continue working on it. The instructions below show you how to set the site to Maintenance mode from within the Admin dashboard.
How to enable maintenance mode
- Log into your Drupal 8 admin dashboard.
- From the top menu bar, click on Menu and then click on Configuration from the second menu bar.
- This leads you to the Configuration page. From here, locate the Development section and then click on the Maintenance Mode link.
- You are now on the Maintenance Mode page. In order to activate the maintenance mode find and click on the checkbox named Put site into maintenance mode.
- Click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom of the page to save and activate the mode. Below are screenshots of how the site would normally appear and then as it appears with maintenance mode activated.
Now that you understand how to enable the Maintenance Mode for your Drupal site, you may want to check out our article on customizing your maintenance message.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?