How to enable user signatures in Drupal 7
Another of the account settings you can enable for your users is the ability to use signatures. Many admins leave this off for spam prevention purposes. However, if you have a good hold on your visitors or a specific group you can trust, you can certainly enable this ability for your users. Turning on the user signature ability is a breeze in Drupal &. Just follow these steps.
Enabling the user siganture ability in Drupal 7:
- Log into the admin dashboard.
- On the top menu bar, locate the Configuration option and click on it.
- This brings you to the main Configuration category screen. Find the subcategory named People and click on the Account Settings link.
- Once on the Account Settings screen, ensure sure you on the Settings tab. You can find this in the upper right part of the screen. From here find the Enable Signatures setting. It is the first setting on the screen in the section named Personalization. By default, it is unchecked. Check the checkbox to turn on the feature.
- Once finished, go down to the bottom of the screen and click the Save Configuration button.
This is how you turn on the ability for user signatures in Drupal 7
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2013-07-09 2:03 pm
What is meant here by the concept of "signature" (what does Drupal mean)? If we are talking about a digital signature, would that be necessary for the implementation of a blog/forum intranet company site? Probably neither understood nor appreciated by most users. However if it is a signature block like that attached to the bottom of an Outlook email, that could be really handy.
2013-07-10 10:46 am
To prevent people for spamming your site with links, signatures allow users to place preset content below their posts. Sites that have many contributors use this to allow a link in the signature, preventing links from being inserted into the page itself. This allows moderators to identify link spamming easier.
2013-07-12 1:55 pm
Thank you for your answer. Much appreciated. Can you direct me to where I might find information on how to place the signature below the user's posts. Not finding much in searches or drupal.org. I would like also that it would afford users an opportunity to specify exactly how they would like to be addressed and add any references to special degrees or titles. Impossible to find information on how to make it work.
2013-07-12 2:51 pm
To modify the signature location in Drupal, you would have to code something from scratch, or use an addon module.
Here is a link to the results for Signature on the Official Drupal forum, I recommend checking there for a module for customizing signatures. You may have to change your drupal version in the search to match your exact version.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.
2013-07-12 11:47 pm
Thank you so much for your very helpful and speedy answer.